The American Institutes for Research (AIR) Health Program in Atlanta works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP). We are seeking a Bilingual Communications Specialist to work part-time (25 hours/week) in the area of hispanic media relations.
The Communications Specialist serves in a strategic communication and account manager role on a public health campaign targeting US Latinos ages 18-44. Position requires a highly detail-oriented candidate with exceptional account management skills for this complex, integrated-marketing campaign. Must demonstrate experience in developing English and Spanish language consumer products and/or health promotion products (digital/print/broadcast); cultural competence in reaching Hispanic consumers; and a strong understanding of utilizing a mix of media channels and strategies to raising awareness of a health product or issue among Hispanic consumers. Experience working with federal or state public health agencies and knowledge of HIV, STD, sexual health issues is a plus. Four to seven years PR/marketing/advertising agency experience is required.
- Develop communication strategies in a collaborative environment
- Interact with government officials, potential clients and partner organizations
- Manage client relationships
- Develop strategic communication plans and training programs
- Write reports, articles, and presentations
- Handle multiple tasks independently and simultaneously
- Demonstrate leadership by prioritizing, providing clear direction and feedback, and demonstrating good judgment.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Plan and manage work time, including multiple priorities ensuring that work assignments are completed efficiently and effectively. Solve conflicting priority situations.
- Work proactively with supervisor and other managers to maintain billability.
- Write sections of proposals.
- Provide high quality work and client relations to enhance the company’s reputation.
- Bachelor’s degree required – in communication, and/or behavioral sciences field; Master’s preferred.
- Candidate must be bilingual (English and Spanish) with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to clients and staff. Ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize scientific, professional, and behavioral science research material into a variety of formats.
- 5+ years of experience in communication, including social marketing, health communication, and partnership development required.
- Experience in project coordination and consumer or communication research is required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal effectiveness, professionalism, and courtesy in dealings with co-workers, clients, and other company associates required.
- Experience in proposal development is preferred.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...