Under the direction of the Manager/Director, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for associate relations, recruiting, workers compensation and ensuring adherence to company's policies and procedures.
- Advise management in areas of employment law, policies and regulations
- Serve as the HR contact for employees for compensation, payroll, insurance, immigration status, employment verifications, workers compensation, and various other personnel issues
- Recruit, interview, track and hire candidates for exempt and non-exempt positions
- Drive change leadership and organizational development action plans to support creation, implementation, improvement and sustainment of the NBTY's Operational Excellence (OE) Operating System
- Partner with Plant Manager and Operation Excellence Leader in executing the road map for OE implementation and guide site leadership teams in effectively managing change
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Conduct investigations and appropriately document complaints regarding employment practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience within a Manufacturing/Packaging Facility
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
Education - Certification - Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Must be Bilingual English and Spanish
- Strong knowledge of government regulations related to employment such as FLSA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA, etc…
- Excellent knowledge and command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc…)
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- As a condition of employment, the person we choose must be prepared to work irregular schedules, as the Operations involved are inherently of a 24/5 nature.
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...