Make your move. Achieve more.
XPO Logistics (NYSE: XPO) is one of the fastest-growing companies in the transportation logistics business, and a Top 25 Freight Brokerage Firm. We're creating jobs at record speed - and we're bringing a lot of qualified people on board. In the past year alone, we added more than 20 locations to grow our three businesses: freight brokerage, expedited transportation and freight forwarding.
At XPO, we don't own trucks, ships or planes, but we're in the middle of the action: connecting shippers who have loads to move with the best carriers for those loads. It's fast-paced, competitive work. We want people on our team who are confident and driven to win -- people who are excited to help build our growth. We've created inspiring workspaces that are charged with adrenalin, where a big effort can pay off in a big way. And you'll do it with our support: we'll give you training and technology and a strong team to work with.
This is your chance to achieve more with a company that's driving toward becoming a multi-billion dollar business in the next few years. It's your move.
This position is responsible for providing logistics support to the NAT-Brokerage operations, to include order entry, routing and dispatching, and/or traffic coordination (details below).
• Enter loads from customer tenders into the company's IT system
• Schedule and/or reschedule delivery appointments for all loads
• Maintain customer profile information within the company's database
• Accept or decline loads based on direction from account managers
• Validate all load data prior to marking load as delivered (for accounting purposes)
• Dispatch drivers to shippers in accordance with established procedures
• Communicate with drivers and shipping personnel to ensure trucks are properly loaded
• Provide detailed directions and instructions to properly route drivers
• Update account managers on problem loads, and the actions that will or have been taken
• Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries
• Verify that loads have arrived on time and in good condition
• Verify that loads scheduled for pick-up the prior day have been picked up
• Reschedule pick-up and/or delivery appointments as assigned
• Update receivers and customers on the status of loads
• Take check calls from drivers, to ensure that loads will arrive on time
• Investigate product overage, shortage and damage, and complete the appropriate documentation
• Other duties as required and assigned
• High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
• Minimum six months to one year of related experience and/or training
• A general understanding or knowledge of the transportation industry
• An ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• An ability to apply common sense to resolve issues and complete tasks effectively
• An ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
XPO Logistics, Inc. - 10 months ago