This job exists to: Provide pro-active clinical support while assisting the clinician in meeting patient care follow up, exam room set up and meeting organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists providers with patient care in a professional manner.
o Provides patient services not requiring the need of a provider, according to established protocols.
o Assists providers with patient follow-up.
o Schedules/Reschedules follow up patient appointments.
o Documents patient vital signs, medications, and allergies prior to each visit in medical record.
o Provides follow up and patient education services to patients.
· Assists with orientation of new medical assistants.
· Assists other teams when needed.
· Performs administrative duties as delegated. (example CSP, Tasking)
· Assures stocking and exam room set up is completed prior to each visit and cleaned up after visit.
· Completes all Cancer Screening Packets and turns in completed packet to the Site Assistant within 24 hours of patient’s visit.
· Request support from professional staff when required
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
· Completes and passes an annual competency assessment including age-specific criteria.
A. Education / Experience
1. Graduate from medical assistant school or certification preferred
2. One year experience in a medical facility preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Ability to work in a team management system.
2. Bilingual in Spanish required.
3. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community a must.
Clinica Family Health Services - 4 months ago