Bilingual Medical Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Beginning Salary: $ 14.00 / hr.
Job Status: Full- time; Hourly; Non-exempt
To provide front & back office support in Health Center. Works under the direction and immediate supervision of licensed medical personnel.
- Room patients;
- Check vitals;
- Perform EHR check in;
- Maintain medical supplies;
- Work at front desk reception as back up;
- Serve as a patient liaison relaying pertinent care information as required;
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and efficient manner;
- Request and retrieve client files as needed;
- Assist patients as needed;
- Route documents as required in the EMR system;
- Perform pharmacy call backs in a timely manner;
- Answer telephones and relay messages accurately and expeditiously;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Associate of Arts/Associate Science Degree and Medical Assistant certificate;
- Must have previous experience in a fast paced clinic setting.
- Must have computer experience and be able to input data.
- Experience in laboratory reports to include patient instruction, handling of biohazardous materials and specimen requirements.
- Familiar with computer programs and ability to learn and use the EHR system.
- Bilingual - English / Spanish is required
- Relate to all types of individuals in a courteous non-judgmental and professional manner
- Work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Interface effectively in a team environment with agency staff and volunteers
- Handle crisis and stressful situations in an effective, calm and respectful manner
- Proficient in verbal and written use of English grammar
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Desert AIDS Project is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace. We encourage women and minorities to apply for all open positions. We value diversity.
- Ability to lift patients from a wheelchair to an examination table.
- Ability to interpret client files and medical charts.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals.
Desert AIDS Project - 10 months ago