This job exists to: Ensure confidentiality of patient records and to facilitate patient care. To serve as an integral part of the care team in providing excellent patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Education / Experience
- Completes scanning and data entry of medical information
- Is proficient in pulling data from Meditech, The Children's Hospital Connect and CIIS
- Opens and distributes mail, faxes and interoffice mail
- Follows confidentiality procedures.
- Completes and passes an annual competency assessment.
- Assists clinical team with medical records and other administrative work when appropriate.
- Answers telephone s in a professional manner.
- Acts as back up for front desk.
- Reports to work on time and on a regular basis.
- Referral Tracking – closes out referrals and data enters results from referral appointment
- Daily chart audit.
- Copies and sends OB records in a timely manner.
- Processes medical records requests according to guidelines.
- Is knowledgeable of sending charts to and requesting charts from the medical records storage company.
- Assists with listening to the medication refill line
- Works EMR tasks on a daily basis
- Responsible for entering delivery information
1. High School diploma or GED preferred.
2. One year in a medical facility preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Must be proficient in written English.
2. Basic computer, math and phone skills.
3. Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at one time.
4. Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
5. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community is required.
6. Able to flourish in a team management system.
7. Reports to work on time and on a regular basis.
Clinica also offers team-based patient care in a group visit setting. In this model, patients may choose to receive their care in a group...