The Bilingual Technical Support Agent supports Vonage customers’ technical issues reported via the trouble ticketing system and/or email. This agent is primarily responsible for taking ownership of customer facing problems specific to Spanish-speaking customers, but is also expected to add additional live escalation support to the TSIII online team when necessary.
- Monitor and respond to Tickets and Emails escalated by Technical Support, Account Management and ERT that require a Spanish-speaking agent
- Provide additional live phone support for AOS on an as-needed basis
- Determine systemic and device related issues
- Ensure resolution for each escalated issue
- Respond swiftly to customer facing issues; holding each at the same priority
- Handle customer calling issues with a variety of complex technical issues including various platforms, operating systems, applications, Inbound/Outbound Calling, Caller ID, Calling Features, LNP transfer and Order Fulfillment, etc.
- Investigate and resolve CCA/Web Account and order subscription errors
- Perform thorough investigation of billing disputes related to Call Duration, International Calling, recurring monthly service charges, etc.
- Quality Assurance scores should consistently meet or exceed 85%
- Perform analysis, notification and trending of ticket escalation dispositions
- Work closely with Internal Vonage Groups (Operations Engineers, Application Engineering, Carrier Relations, Device Development and Certification, NOC, OSS and Product Development) to coordinate efforts in identifying systemic issues, product enhancements and workarounds where appropriate
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.):
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required):
- Understanding of key technologies: SIP, RTP, TCP/IP.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and determine best course of action to correctly resolve
- Experience with home to small business networks including, switch, hub, PC, and 3rd party hardware configuration is required. Experience with Enterprise networks a plus
- Solid knowledge of call center applications such as Aspect, CCA, Interact, RT, Hyperquality etc.
- Must have a high level of technical knowledge and the ability to handle at risk customers
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to function in an organization that continually develops process and procedures, and accepted thinking to improve performance
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity (ISP and CPE) issues and utilize tools to diagnose issues
- Must be able to support Windows & Mac Operating Systems
- Full working knowledge of email clients, ftp and other internet related software
- Knowledge and hands on skills with Unix and Linux is a plus
- Basic shell, perl, or php scripting is a plus
- Languages such as html, java, C++ are a plus
- A+ or better certification, or equivalent work experience required.
Vonage - 19 months ago