San Francisco Office
Who We Are: Harder+Company Community Research is a consulting firm whose mission is to strengthen the social sector by providing organizations with the information and tools they need to do their work effectively. Founded in 1986, our firm now has offices in San Francisco, Davis, Los Angeles, and San Diego, California. Our clients include nonprofits, foundations, and public agencies—and cover a wide range of topics including arts and culture, child welfare, education, health, human services, and philanthropy. For these diverse clients, we conduct needs assessments, evaluate programs and funding initiatives, and facilitate strategic planning and community engagement projects, among other services. For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.harderco.com.
Who We Need: Harder+Company seeks a Spanish bilingual Research Assistant in its San Francisco office to provide support on a diverse array of team-based research projects. The Research Assistant will be responsible for literature reviews; planning and assisting with focus groups; conducting interviews; entering, coding, and analyzing data; administering surveys; and assisting with the preparation and editing of reports. Some travel within California necessary. The ideal candidate would enjoy contributing to the effectiveness of organizations working for social change.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative primary data collection including interviews, focus groups, case studies, and surveys. May include assisting with the facilitation of focus groups.
- Manage logistics for focus groups, case studies, surveys, and external meetings.
- Enter data, prepare and label SPSS data files for analysis and reporting. Analyze survey data, including frequencies, cross-tabulations, means tables, and tests of statistical significance.
- Provide technical assistance to Persimmony database users.
- Conduct literature reviews and internet research.
- Maintain communication with project team through emails and team meetings as needed.
- Manage resources and time effectively and adjust to changing demands and priorities.
- Assist with preparation of reports and presentations, including write-ups, editing, tables, charts, and formatting.
- Maintain positive and professional interactions with clients and their stakeholders.
- Bilingual in Spanish required, including the ability to translate and conduct interviews in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences or related field
- At least 1 year of research experience, preferably outside the classroom
- Detail oriented with effective time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to be an effective team player and to work independently
idealist.org - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -