Who We Are: Harder+Company helps nonprofits, public agencies, and foundations to pursue their missions through high-quality research and consulting services. We provide data-driven analysis to help organizations understand the results of their programs and initiatives—and translate that data into actionable improvements. Our expertise spans a wide range of social impact areas, such as healthcare, social services, community development, educational achievement, arts and culture, and violence prevention. Consulting services provided by our firm include program evaluation, strategic planning, community engagement, and nonprofit capacity-building. For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.harderco.com .
How we do our work : We engage our clients as partners in an ongoing process of programmatic and organizational learning. Whether it is a needs assessment, evaluation, or a planning process, we work closely with our partners to ensure that our approaches meet their needs as well as the needs of their stakeholders. We strive to develop an engaging, dynamic process with our clients to make certain that organizational learning is achieved throughout the project by regular, ongoing, and practical feedback. This allows our clients to make midcourse adjustments and encourages them to be partners in the change process both for their organization and their target communities. This transfer of knowledge also encourages clients to begin the critical process of organizational reflection and skill-building. We uphold the highest level of rigor possible within a project, but unlike academic research, we make adjustments to research designs, tools, and approaches to ensure that our work is accessible, culturally responsive, and meaningful given real-world resource and timeline constraints. We conduct single-program evaluations, as well as evaluations of multiple organizations at the portfolio, initiative, and organizational level. Our clients see our research, evaluation, and planning as an opportunity to improve and leverage that knowledge into stronger programs and a more robust resource base.
Who We Need: Harder+Company seeks a Spanish bilingual Research Assistant in its San Francisco office to provide support on a diverse array of team-based research projects. The Research Assistant will be responsible for literature reviews; planning and assisting with focus groups; conducting interviews; entering, coding, and analyzing data; administering surveys; and assisting with the preparation and editing of reports. Some travel within California is necessary. The ideal candidate would enjoy contributing to the effectiveness of organizations working for social change.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative primary data collection including interviews, focus groups, case studies, and surveys. May include assisting with the facilitation of focus groups.
- Manage logistics for focus groups, case studies, surveys, and external meetings.
- Enter data, prepare and label SPSS data files for analysis and reporting. Analyze survey data, including frequencies, cross-tabulations, means tables, and tests of statistical significance.
- Provide technical assistance to Persimmony database users.
- Conduct literature reviews and internet research.
- Maintain communication with project team through emails and team meetings as needed.
- Manage resources and time effectively and adjust to changing demands and priorities.
- Assist with preparation of reports and presentations, including write-ups, editing, tables, charts, and formatting.
- Maintain positive and professional interactions with clients and their stakeholders.
Typical physical demands:
- Bilingual in Spanish required , including the ability to translate and conduct interviews in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences or related field
- At least 1 year of research experience, preferably outside the classroom
- Detail oriented with effective time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to be an effective team player and to work independently
This position is located in our San Francisco office and is full time with an annual starting salary of $35,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience. Harder+Company offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Harder+Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
- Work on a computer for 6 hours, on average, each day
- Lift and move documents and supplies
- Bend to file and retrieve documents
- Some travel is required