Boulder County's Department of Housing and Human Services is accepting applications for the position of Bilingual Social Caseworker B on the Child Protection Intake Team.
Examples of Duties:
1. Assessing families around allegations of abuse or neglect.
2. Making referrals to appropriate community resources for families.
3. Placing children out of home, if necessary.
4. Working with the courts, when court actions are needed to protect children
5. Working with collaterals in the community (police, mental health, schools, safe house workers, etc).
6. Performing related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a human behavioral science or closely related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional social casework experience after receipt of degree.
Additional related education may apply toward required experience.
Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and be able to provide own safe transportation (mileage will be reimbursed).
Must be able to work extended hours as needed, with some night, weekend, and holiday coverage included.
The ability to read, write and speak fluently in both English and Spanish is required.
Job offer is contingent upon passing a background investigation.
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
From "Dictionary of Occupational Titles", U.S. Dept of Labor:
Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for Boulder County jobs that match their education and/or experience.