Responsible for directing operation of Indpls. Bill Review Dept., which may include human resource and customer service functions. Expert in problem resolution, company services, and policies and procedures in order to promote efficient service and client goodwill. Considerable tact, discretion and customer service skills are essential. Function as a member of the Indpls. Bill Review Dept. Leadership Team, ensuring optimum team performance by providing exemplary support and assistance to achieve the department’s organizational goals of excellent customer service and quality work. Assume responsibility of the Manager when the Manager is not available.
Requires strong organization; written and verbal communication skills to perform the essential job functions. Excellent communication skills, lead and motivate a team and ability to work with people under stress. Must be able to deal well with all kinds of people with a variety of learning styles and handle new employee training concerns. Must be able to maintain a poised, calm and tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult personnel situations or stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc. Promotes positive communication with clients, coworkers, and affiliated staff.
Essential Job Duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1.Client Services: Continually strives to understand, respond to and meet the changing requirements of our customers through teamwork, empowerment and innovation. Demonstrates understanding and respect for the vision and values of the department and organization in performance of duties.
2. Human Resources: Responsible for directing a designated group of employees in their day-to-day operations. Responsible for human resources matters directly related to department supervised; including but not limited to time and attendance, scheduling of staff, requiring regular and consistent attendance, and adherence to policies and procedures.
3. Productivity and Coverage: Directs and monitors workflow to meet deadlines and attain minimum productivity standards. Has ongoing responsibility for maximizing department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls. Handles productivity reports and assures departmental coverage
4. Client Resolution: Handles and resolves escalated client related questions and problems in a courteous and efficient manner. Acts as a functional resource and assists Manager with operations. Knowledgeable in all areas of the Indpls. Bill Review Dept.. Researches and resolves client, departmental and telecommunication problems. Follows through with client problems, reporting frequent or unresolved problems to the appropriate manager through established documentation procedures. Reinforces policies, procedures, work assignments, etc., by setting examples and following through.
5. Quality Assurance: Responsible for quality of service provided. Researches and resolves quality improvement issues within the department, including call monitoring and coaching sessions. Performs audits.
6. Training and Coaching: Provides internal support for maintaining quality of service to clients by providing leadership, guidance, training, coaching and competency checklists of new hires and existing staff. This includes monitoring performance, identifying re-training needs to ensure quality communication, and providing appropriate documentation. Provides continuing education for all staff, including being responsible for coordinating departmental mandatory training modules and reviews. Demonstrates quality leadership that provides a positive influence to and motivates all team members.
7. Resource Development: Creates, maintains, and updates training materials, SOP’s, resources, competency checklists, etc as required.
8. Maintains knowledge of updates to department Resource and Procedure Manual. Keeps abreast of computer changes and operational changes in the computer systems.
9. May be required to travel overnight and attend meetings.
10. Provides feedback and documentation to Manager on employee performance.
11. Assists with creating and documenting new processes.
12. Maintains ethical standards such as confidentiality and professionalism.
13. Follows and reinforces established CorVel policies and procedures.
14. Performs other job related duties as assigned, including special projects as requested by Manager.
Minimum Associates degree in Business or Finance. Must have good computer and analytical skills. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills. Proven problem-solving skills and independent judgment required. Must have good to excellent performance rating and no performance or attendance corrective actions within a year. Must have ability to remain flexible to assure the needs of the business are met. Must provide a positive atmosphere and image by practicing customer service competencies. Utilizes interpersonal skills to coordinate duties of team and works well on team projects. Must be able to handle projects and assignments simultaneously. Self-starter and independent work ethic required.
Bachelors degree in business, health care or other degrees related to a managed care organization. Demonstrated past experience in supervision is a plus. Previous CorVel work experience preferred and/or 3-5 years experience in medical environment or customer service area. Prior experience billing DME claims and /or medical claims/billing background along with excellent communication skills, and team focused attitude.
CorVel Corporation - 4 months ago
CorVel is a national provider of industry leading risk management solutions to employers, third party administrators, insurance companies...