Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Billing Analyst utilizes prescribed internal audit processes and systems to review and interpret client waste bills in an effort to identify unusual cost and consumption patterns and data discrepancies or errors which may result in client savings opportunities. Follows internally developed best-practices to pursue and resolve exceptions and/or edits with waste vendors on behalf of the client thereby working with great persistence toward the goal of maximizing expense savings for the client. The Billing Analyst will also be responsible for processing summary bills and completing consolidations.
- Through a combination of company provided training and bill auditing best practices develops understanding of waste industry terminology and rates, usage patterns, market related changes and internal audit process to analyze daily waste bills.
- Accountable for daily review of system generated exceptions or edits in assigned work queue(s) to quickly distinguish billing errors from normal variations in usage, rates, and cost to identify potential cost savings for the client.
- Balance summary bills.
- Perform consolidations.
- Through routine interactions develops and maintains professional working relationships with waste vendor service representatives and internal coworkers.
- Corresponds with waste vendor service representatives and internal coworkers in highly professional and timely manner; being clear, concise, and ensuring all pertinent information is provided.
- Facilitates and/or coordinates billing issue resolution utilizing email and telephone; aggressively pursue cost savings opportunities on clients’ behalf through persistent follow up with waste vendor personnel on identified bill issues.
- Serves as the final audit point for data accuracy and has responsibility for making data corrections either prior to and or after the payment of the invoice/bill.
- Understands all cost and consumption reporting capabilities of existing systems (such as Facility IQ, Performance IQ, BI Tool) and how to resolve data discrepancies in the system, including basic template corrections.
- Organize, prioritize, and use time management tools to ensure proper follow-up is completed.
- May recognize symptoms that indicate significant, out-of-the-ordinary, client expense problems; gathers information from multiple sources to support existence of significant problem, trends, and opportunities; concisely relay information to utility representative and required internal coworkers per process.
- Maintains expected department metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Requires one year of clerical and/or customer related work experience.
- Utility/Waste knowledge a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Must have solid computer skills, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player that is detail oriented, dependable and adaptable.
- Must be flexible with schedule and available for overtime work as needed.
- Other combinations of experience/education may be considered.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.