PSA Healthcare is seeking a detail oriented Billing Assistant for a temporary part-time assignment of three (3) days per week over a six (6) month period. This position is responsible for the accurate review, data entry, verification and approval of all patient accounts. This is inclusive of claims to Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Private pay accounts. Training is to begin in May.
- Working collaboratively with Corporate reimbursement team, approving and releasing all charges related to new billing and unbilled revenue
- Matching proper and appropriate documentation, according to payer guidelines, and forwarding to Corporate weekly according to policy
- Obtaining and maintaining, through training and experience, detailed knowledge of policies and procedures related to industry and company reimbursement standards
- Researching and following up on claim problems and concerns
- Analyzing and working billing reports including but not limited to: Aging Report, Unbilled, Payroll Edit Report
- Updating appropriate personnel, departments and management on all trends and events which affect job duties and performance
- Processing billing for services rendered
- Entering all new patient account information into ENCORE system weekly
- Obtaining any payor information needed to process claims and forwarding to the Corporate Reimbursement Team
- Resolving any outstanding payroll issue related to field staff
- Assisting in development of patient charts and employee application packets
- Conducting customer service activities including translation services, telephone response, inter and intra office communication as needed
- Receiving information from referral sources and verifying insurance benefits; Forwarding all information to appropriate parties
- Updating referral log weekly
- Assisting in verification of insurance benefits and eligibility on all patients monthly
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and ability to type, file, and maintain and audit records
- Experience in a similar position
Visit jobs.psahealthcare.com for a complete list of job openings in your area!
PSA Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
PSA Healthcare - 30+ days ago