The purpose of this position is to assist in the timely and effective billing and collection within the Accounting Department.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Able to review data, correct discrepancies and reconcile customer accounts
- Enter all charges, print invoice and mail with applicable documentation to customers
- Manage payment to local vendors, utilities, landlord, among others (when applicable)
- Confirm payment and bill if necessary
- Maintain customer billing matrix in system
- Complete set up of new accounts, credit set up
- Proactively identify and resolve billing related issues
- Preparing and/ or downloading accounts receivable and collection reports
- Able to work independently without much oversight
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Daily contact with internal and external customers
- Calculating price quotes for internal customers
- Ability to create spreadsheets using Excel
- Filing and mailing invoices
Education/Training/Certifications: Must have a High school diploma or GED required. AA or BA college degree preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience working in a accounting/billing environment, preferably for a service company
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Exceptional attention to detail. Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledgeable with Great Plains accounting systems and CRM database is preferred. Ability to interact with employees, vendors and customers in a professional and service oriented manner. Must have consistent attendance and timeliness. 10-key data entry skills preferred.
Percent of Time
- Standing 10 %
- Walking 10%
- Sitting 90 %
- Use of hands, fingers 100%
- Reaching with hands and arms 75%
- Climb and balance 5%
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 5%
- Talk and hear 100%
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) 100%
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors 0%
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) 0%
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships) 0%
- Office setting with office equipment
- Diligent worker
- Time conscious
- Show initiative
- Motivation towards the work
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Astro Pak Corporation offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401K retirement program, company paid holidays.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to the HR Department. In the subject heading, please write the specific job title you are applying for.
Astro Pak is the nation's leading precision cleaning and passivation contractor specializing in the cleaning of high purity gas and fluid systems. The company, founded in 1959, has performed on-site precision chemical cleaning in every State of the Union as well as several projects in Asia, continental Europe, England, Ireland and Mexico.
Astro Pak Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Astro Pak prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability