Verifies accuracy of freight movement and provides timely billing of services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines, enters and updates online data relating to origin, destination, bill of lading, purchase order, pieces, weight and prepaid or collect status on freight charges.
- Checks for proper codes.
- Applies the proper rates to the various charges involved with the movement of freight.
- Answers telephone providing problem solving and communication with customers, operations, marketing and drivers, within bounds of delegated authority and redirects calls to appropriate personnel, if necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. as required.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Crete Carrier Corporation, there are no shortcuts.
Founded in 1966, Crete Carrier Corporation, along with operating division Shaffer...