Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, Inc., a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Billing Assistant to join our flight kitchen operations team located at Washington-Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia. Reporting to the Billing Supervisor, the Billing Assistant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of billing information and bills for airline and non-airline services are rendered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily review of flight service tickets for accuracy and inputting corrections into our billing portal or debit/credit memo.
- Manually create billings for charters and off-scheduled flight activity.
- Audits flight tickets prior to cycle change assuring accuracy of menus and billing codes.
- Researches billing discrepancies, assists with resolution due to price, quantity and service discrepancies.
- Escalates any billing, pricing or cycle related issues to the Account Services Group.
- Assists the Dispatcher with processing of flights and communicates with internal and external customers as needed.
- Reconciles daily airline billing.
- Input unscheduled flights and services for airlines into our Airserve system with respective documentation.
- Works with the Account Services Group on payment reconciliations.
- Maintains all airline billing files.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one to three years of billing experience in a high volume food service environment.
- Airline and food manufacturing industry experience helpful.
- A minimum of two years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have good basic math, analytical, follow up, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ERP software and/or SAP experience a plus.
- Must have excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to adapt well to change.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with multiple employees in a fast paced environment.
- This position has travel of up to 10% of the time.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Regular office environment.
- Within a production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...