The purpose of this position is to track and verify service data and to perform general billing duties.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs cash posting duties that may include entering deposits, adjustments, and cash balancing data into the system.
• Audits billing charts.
• Generates month end and year-end reports. Verifies patient demographic information to ensure accuracy in billing and statistical information.
• Makes data entry adjustments. Runs various reports as assigned.
• Processes batches in service tracking system to generate patient data (visits, travel time, record time, mileage, etc.) into patient accounts. This data is used both by billing and payroll.
• Enters and maintains Medline supply data in the billing system. Reviews Medline invoices when received and compares to the system. May enter and code Durable Medical Equipment supplies.
• Performs Patient Account Representative duties as back up, during staff shortages, during Flu season, etc.
Minimum Education & Experience:
High school diploma with six months to one year of accounting or billing experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, and data entry.
Ability to utilize basic spreadsheets.
Skilled in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This position rates as SEDENTARY WORK as defined by the dictionary of Occupational Titles