The purpose of this position is to track and verify service data and to perform general billing duties.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs cash posting duties that may include entering deposits, adjustments, and cash balancing data into the system.
• Audits billing charts.
• Generates month end and year-end reports. Verifies patient demographic information to ensure accuracy in billing and statistical information.
• Makes data entry adjustments. Runs various reports as assigned.
• Processes batches in service tracking system to generate patient data (visits, travel time, record time, mileage, etc.) into patient accounts. This data is used both by billing and payroll.
• Enters and maintains Medline supply data in the billing system. Reviews Medline invoices when received and compares to the system. May enter and code Durable Medical Equipment supplies.
• Performs Patient Account Representative duties as back up, during staff shortages, during Flu season, etc.
Minimum Education & Experience:
High school diploma with six months to one year of accounting or billing experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, and data entry.
Ability to utilize basic spreadsheets.
Skilled in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This position rates as SEDENTARY WORK as defined by the dictionary of Occupational Titles
Home Health United - 17 months ago