This position is responsible for interpreting and processing billing transactions, supporting the billing team, and responding to inquiries from internal customers (lawyers and secretaries).
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of system bills for clients which includes printing draft statements, transferring time and disbursements, revising figures, etc.
- Process time and expense transactions.
- Review and confirm accuracy of all work to ensure an error-free product.
- Follow-up with attorney or secretary on an as needed basis.
- Complete processes required to update all bills.
- Answer billing help-line and provide support to secretaries, billing analysts, and partners.
- Assist in educating attorneys and secretaries in billing procedures.
- Responsible for opening, sorting, and delivering department mail.
- Responsible for monitoring the accounting email-box and resolving customer support inquiries.
- Responsible for filing all posted pre-bills with related invoices.
- Backup to all members of Finance staff.
- Preparation of files for storage; including, maintain vendor label listing on computer, prepare file folders for new vendors and new year, and pack storage boxes and preparing inventory listings.
- Responsible for providing billing information reports upon request.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to address and minimize billing errors.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or at least two years of related billing experience; previous experience in a law firm environment is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Aderant is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel in all levels of the organization
King & Spalding - 21 months ago
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients,...