Job Title: Billing Assistant Location: Torrance, CA
Req #: 21585
Department: Support Services
Employee Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Billing Assistant's primary duties are to support the department by copying large quantity of EOB’s and work department specific billing queues. The Billing Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support services to the billing teams for all aspects of the billing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the billing teams.
- Review, maintain and process billings for accuracy and completeness, bill to insurance carriers
- Review, print and process all incoming correspondence (e.g. appeals to payers, EOBs, denials, PCRs etc.).
- Verify, update and check eligibility of payors information as needed.
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trips for use in claims processing.
- Process and maintain data into reports and tracking mechanisms (e.g. Excel)
- Process and prepare batch printing and sorting of paper claims, prepare incoming trailing documents
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Convey a sense of competence and commitment.
- Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
- Share workspace and resources as necessary.
- Pass new-hire and department-specific testing, (e.g. data entry test and department-specific aptitude testing).
- Handle large volumes of paperwork.
- Ability to meet or exceed all established standards for productivity and quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Licensing/Certification: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Six (6) months previous experience in a clerical work environment preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
· PC knowledge including Outlook and Microsoft Office programs
· Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
· Proficient with office equipment.
· Organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through abilities. Can handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Reliable, team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English, both on the telephone and personally. Ability to read general business information. Ability to compose general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of contact.
We are an AA/EOE employer