The billing representative will be responsible for managing the daily billing operations for multiple client organizations. Such tasks include coordinating with clients’ departmental staffs, reviewing and submitting claims, auditing charges and payments and helping to prepare reports to determine A/R and other efficiencies. In addition to offering customer support to assigned clients, the assistant will be part of a departmental billing team and will report directly to the Billing Manager.
- At least 5 years of experience with medical billing, knowledge of outpatient physical therapy services preferred
- Experience with A/R and Aging reports and working on outstanding accounts
- Understanding of how to interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and understand how to navigate the denial process
- Be able to prepare and send claims, work on secondary insurance and manage credit balances.
- Be able to prepare and send statements on patient balances
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to prioritize, be organized and troubleshoot with teamwork
- Computer literate with Excel, Word or other spreadsheet based programs
- Able to work well with other billing professionals in a team orientated work environment
Indeed - 15 months ago