This position is for current CRMC Employees to apply/sign beginning at 8:00 am on 07/16/2013 until 4:00 pm on 07/19/2013.
- Billing Clerks have the responsibility to manage the patient's financial account. Billing Clerks must also provide the billing service to/for the patients/residents of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center. High quality customer service, billing knowledge, and overall efficiency will result in customer satisfaction and will help Cuyuna Regional Medical Center achieve its goals.
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Successful completion of data entry, general clerical, ten key and adminsitrative standards administered by Cuyuna Regional Medical Center Human Resources Staff.
- Receives and interviews incoming patients/residents or representatives to obtain pertinent data.
- Confirms insurance benefits, including copies of required documents.
- Files or scans documents in an accurate manner.
- Responsible, as assigned, to maintain and control a section of billed and unbilled patient accounts.
- Responsible, as assigned, to review final bills for accuracy.
- Responsible, as assigned, to prepare claims accurately to carriers and intermediaries in a timely manner.
- Responsible, as assigned, to follow-up on billed claims, and re-bill in a timely manner if necessary.
- Responsible, as assigned, to handle billing questions in a polite and professional manner and log patient complaints.
- Handles receipting of payments.
- Corrects registration errors and sends for needed billing information.
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Performing a Can-Do Spirit while other duties may be assigned.