The basic function of the Billing Clerk is to invoice service work orders for a designated set of customers, scanning, audit, and mail out.
This position reports to the Billing Team Lead and has daily production requirements.
· Billing service work orders according to the customer requirements and the service contract
· Auditing your work to ensure that all costs are accounted for and billed to the customer
· Learning the customer's service contract rules and guidelines
· Escalating work orders with billing issues to the Team Lead's attention
Develop a thorough understanding of the billing system and the entire revenue cycle from order entry to cash applications
• Prepare MS Excel-based, PDF and electronic upload specialized invoices for an assigned portfolio of National Account customers and perform a cursory review of the invoices to ensure that the amount and time period billed is accurate
• Deliver invoices via email, US mail or by logging into customer’s websites and entering / uploading
• Restructure and maintain National Account billing accounts as needed to meet customer expectations, including but not limited to, combining and uncombining invoices, changing billing cycles / frequency, rate reductions / standardization, address updates, etc.
• Run and review RM reports at month-end on all account customer portfolio to proactively identify and correct any billing issues prior to the monthly bill run.
• Evaluate requests received for specialized billing and determine the most efficient means of execution and the related resources necessary to accommodate the request
• Work cooperatively with the National Account Managers, Project Managers, Order Entry Team and Accounts Receivable Representatives to ensure that customer invoices are accurate and complete and delivered to the customer in a timely manner to help facilitate payment
• Research and resolve all billing related inquiries / issues received from branch offices and provide process / procedure guidance as needed
• Provide timely responses to all customer inquiries and provide excellent customer service under all circumstances
• Ensure that all processes / procedures are fully documented and illustrated for audit and training purposes
• Maintain an accurate and complete paper and electronic filing system
• Process ‘special billing’ requests received from field office personnel
• Provide guidance and assistance to field personnel on billing related inquiries and procedures
Required Education, Employment Experience and Skills (Must Haves):
Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
Employment Experience and Skills:
3+ years work experience in an Accounting or Finance role is required
• Previous experience in a billing role is strongly preferred
• Team player with a positive, professional attitude
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain poise under pressure
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to interact with all levels of management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical mindset
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
Liquid Environmental Solutions - 8 months ago