The billing Clerk is responsible for accurately compiling the paperwork necessary for the Drivers’ Load Packets to be ready at departure time. This position is also responsible for ensuring accurate record keeping and receiving customer calls.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Separate invoices for office, customer, and driver.
- Reconcile lineouts via Order Processing, LCS, MARRS system or credit memo, and close loads via Order Processing.
- Verify tote counts, adjust credits due to lineout, change total figures on invoices, and adjust drivers pay sheets.
- Compile drivers load packets with Stop and Pay Summary, Load Department Summary, and HazMat Sheets so that they are ready for departure time.
- Support DC Management, crew leaders, and inventory control staff as directed.
- Communicate with drivers regarding billing status of loads.
- Answer telephone and direct callers.
- Perform other clerical functions as directed.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have High School Diploma.
- Possess basic math skills and clerical skills.
- Have professional telephone skills are necessary to accommodate both internal and external customer needs.
- Be able to operate a calculator (prefer 10 key by touch).
- Achieve results, work as a team, serve the customer, and understand the organization’s purpose and mission.
- Office and Distribution Center environment.
McLane - 2 years ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...