The Shelly Company
Job Requisition ID: 34356
Job Type: Administrative Support and Services
Work Time: Regular
State: Ohio (US-OH)
Postal/Zip Code: 44622
The Shelly Company (part of Oldcastle Materials) is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our world class safety record.
Headquartered in Thornville, Ohio (approximately 30 miles east of Columbus), The Shelly Company operates in 74 counties throughout the state, employs approximately 2,000 employees. The Shelly Company is divided into four divisions. The Southern, Northwest and Northeast Divisions supply aggregates, asphalt and paving services throughout their geographic areas. The Ready Mix Division is a supplier of concrete and operates locally as Smith Concrete, Medina Supply and All Ohio Ready Mix.
The Shelly Company currently has a need for a Billing Clerk located at the Dover, Ohio office.
Performs a wide variety of clerical responsibilities within the Billing function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizing and sorting daily paperwork from various external sources.
- Verifies and processes customer invoices on a daily basis.
- Responsible for daily mailing of customer invoices.
- Work with Sales, Customers and Plant operations to resolve billing issues.
- Limited receptionist duties - phones, deliveries, mailings, etc.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to The Shelly Company Manual of Safety Practices & Procedures.
- Strict adherence to The Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the book of company policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate sufficiently to be able to convey and exchange ideas, and to give and receive detailed verbal instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are looking for a company who values their employees and has opportunities for employee development and advancement, apply now! For more information about The Shelly Company and Oldcastle visit www.shellyco.com and www.oldcastle.com . If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with The Shelly Company/Oldcastle Materials!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
The Shelly Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 22 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...