Certification in coding or compliance from a nationally recognized organization or ability to sit for certification within six months.
Bachelors degree in healthcare, business, communications, education law or related field. Five to seven years work experience; billing office experience highly desirable. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Access; internet research skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate with physicians, senior administrators and office staff.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Eagerness to learn new areas and work with little supervision.
Ability to work with confidential materials and to juggle multiple tasks.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Assists the Compliance Director with reviewing and analyzing billing processes and conducting auditing and monitoring to ensure compliance with applicable healthcare regulations.
• Assists with compliance auditing process, including developing audit plans, conducting audits or managing the conduct of audits, reporting results and making recommendations for improvement.
• Assists in the development of education & training programs.
• Monitors Federal and local statutes and regulatory changes and makes recommendations for process improvement
• Researches and analyzes compliance issues utilizing various publications including extensive use of the internet, the Federal Register, the Medicare Carriers Manual, and other industry publications; makes recommendations for process improvements, and monitors corrective action plans.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 16 months ago