Responsible for medical billing and maintaining the overall health of accounts receivable for Medicaid, Managed Care carriers and self pay clients, as well as timely cash posting and active follow up on denials. We are looking for a team player who takes pride in a job well done.
related to billing compliance
- Do the daily processing of medical billing for the mental health services. Review Pre-processing Critical Error Reports, Non billable and billable services written off reports (daily)
- Re-processing transactions & services as needed for applying unapplied payments for clients in the system (as needed)
- Submit claims to primary and secondary payers in accordance with payer requirements.
- Schedule and perform regular timely collection follow up telephone calls on all assigned accounts.
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Prepare/submit/re-bill medical claims electronically (and when applicable by paper to Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care, and commercial insurance carriers
- Identify and resolve any claim delay issues that impact billing and collections
- Prepare and review month-end closing pre-posting reports (monthly)
- Post payments received.(daily)
- Enter unapplied payments in the billing software
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials. Initiate and track appeals as necessary
- Preparation of doctor bills for services provided and billing invoices for contracts (monthly)
- Accurately interpret EOB and collections report. (weekly)
- Provide timely notation of action taken on patient accounts, client statement and special reports.
- Review correspondence and rejections from insurance carriers, post and reconcile.
- Ensure that all audits & denials are responded to in a timely manner;
- Develops corrective action plans to assist in resolving problems
- Have above average knowledge of Microsoft excel and strong written and verbal skills
- All other duties as assigned
- This position also requires the day to day interaction with a multidisciplinary staff and various levels of staff. It requires an above average level of flexibility, dependability, sound judgment, and creative thinking. The employee is also required to be a team player
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be flexible to meet agency needs.
- Have average ability in basic mathematical functions and ten-key by touch.
- Have the ability to deal with problem solving issues with limited supervision.
- Must be able to process and act upon directions in a timely manner, with minimum supervision in a fast paced, high stress environment.
DePelchin Children's Center - 21 months ago