Job Title: Billing Coordinator Location: Las Cruces, NM Req #: 22466 Company: AMR - South Reports To: Operations Manager Posting End Date: Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain billing process to ensure accurate and timely billing/claim submissions in many different formats.
- Maintain, analyze and compile monthly/quarterly reports in timely manner for submission to the health plan.
- Tracks health plan membership and utilization to determine rates of payment for capitated plans.
- Responsible for tracking payment and making deposits of money received from health plans and providers.
- Responsible for issuing ACH/EFT payments to vendors and verifying check status with the bank.
- Notify supervisor when there is a change in the client’s payors and communicate all changes to affected departments.
- Assist pre-billing departments with researching and resolving reimbursement issues specific to clients.
- Act as a resource for Administration and Operations in answering client specific issues.
- Maintain and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to management for review.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- One to two years accounts receivable experience required.
- Previous experience in healthcare billing/coding or claims processing preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
** CB DO NOT REMOVE **
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong alpha-numeric data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through abilities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good computer skills including the ability to be on multiple screens at once as well as use the zoom in and zoom out feature.
- Payor policies, requirements and necessary forms for multiple states.
- HIPAA requirements.
Pinnacle Partners In Medicine - 12 months ago