The Billing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring Medicare/Commercial claims are accurately and timely processed. Responsible for corrections of any and all claim issues. Monitors and works the accounts receivable reports. Responsible for assisting in generating timely reports for management. Reports to the Director of Reimbursement.
Qualifications - Professional And Personal:
1. Education requirement – High school diploma. Must have a minimum of (1) year healthcare billing experience. Demonstrated abilities may preclude years of experience.
2. Be knowledgeable of health care industry and Medicare/Commercial billing procedures.
3. Demonstrate ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgements.
4. Possess good mathematical skills.
5. Computer proficient along with other business office equipment.
6. Demonstrate dependability, tact, and ability to follow orders.
7. Possess good interpersonal communication skills.
8. Exhibit professional behavior.
Major Areas Of Accountability:
1. Responsible for processing billing claims to fiscal intermediary or commercial carrier for the Company.
2. Act as the liaison between district offices and the corporate office to insure clean claims for processing. Reconciles any differences and makes the appropriate adjustments.
3. Monitors and performs actions needed to decrease the accounts receivable aging for the Company.
4. Follows-up and resolves discrepancies pertaining to billing, including RTP’s 320’s and commercial denials.
5. Assist in monitoring the status of billed claims for agencies.
6. Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports for
management and the district offices.
7. Process remittances for updating payments, charges, and contractual allowances on an individual patient basis
8. Complete other duties as assigned.
Senior Home Care - 19 months ago