Job Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Controller, the Billing Manager is responsible for leading and planning the billing operations for a ten person department within Fiscal Services. Take ownership of designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets. This is a highly visible role requiring a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department. Key interactions will be with the Admissions, Finance/Accounting, and Information Technologies departments.
• Oversight of all HRC billing processes.
• Set and achieve goals for DSO/AR days to meet industry standards.
• Organize cash flow needs and maximize revenue within the organization.
• Investigate and work with the Information Technology department to resolve any Meditech issues
• Manage all month-end closing of the billing group information.
• Lead the department with team building and process improvement initiatives to streamline the billing and collections processes using industry best practices.
• Assign employee workload by using key metrics to determine each staff member's accountability, and organize the workflow in accordance with operating an efficient department.
• Interview, hire, mentor, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve issues.
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Collaborate with the VP, Finance and Chief Compliance Officer to manage healthcare billing compliance matters.
• BS/BA in accounting, finance, business management or related field
• 5-10 years of Billing Manager experience
• Meditech billing experience supporting long-term and sub-acute care
• In-depth knowledge of Healthcare billing best practices.
• Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
• Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Meditech, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access proficiency
Hebrew SeniorLife is the largest provider of elder care in the Boston metropolitan area. Founded in 1903, Hebrew SeniorLife is an affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a nonprofit, non-sectarian organization devoted to innovative gerontology and geriatric research , senior health care , long-term nursing home care , and Greater Boston senior housing communities that improve the lives of older adults. From independent living to assisted living , Hebrew SeniorLife provides retirement communities in Massachusetts that are designed to help older adults live healthy independent lives.
Hebrew SeniorLife - 18 months ago
Partners HealthCare Systems
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago
- 5 days ago