CORE COMPETENCIES: Effective Communication,
Accountability, Problem Solving, Service Excellence,
Teamwork, Work Ethics & Values, Technological
Proficiency, Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills,
Commitment, Analytical Thinking, Meeting Deadlines, and
This is a managerial position, responsible for the
overall planning, evaluating, controlling, and
processing of billing, accounts receivable, cash
collections, and client benefits. Responsible for human
resource development of assigned associates, including
Billing Coordinators and Benefit Clerks.
Billing/Accounts Receivable 40%
1. Oversees the weekly waiver billing, including uploads
to the State. Ensures appropriate filing system for
weekly billing documents for future retrieval, if
2. Oversees invoicing to the County on a monthly basis
for per diems, room and board charges, nursing services,
equipment purchases, monthly subsidies, transportation,
startup costs, and other miscellaneous charges.
3. Oversees the Billing Coordinators’ efforts in
resolving billing issues (no PAWS, PAS). Ensures the
billing issues are resolved within the prescribed time
frame. Oversees the billing accrual each month for all
services that cannot be currently billed.
4. Oversees the 9400/9401 process for admits/discharges
to the owned ICFs.
5. Oversees billing and collection efforts on
receivables billed to nongovernmental organizations.
6. Recommends billing write-offs to the Vice President
of Finance for approval.
Cash receipts/collections/banking 15%
1. Oversees the cash receipt and adjustment postings.
Ensures that prior week cash receipts are posted by
Monday end of business.
2. Oversees deposits of checks and cash within 3
3. Oversees cashing petty cash and monthly allowance
4. Responsible for bank transfers between
operating/house/client held funds accounts.
Client Benefits 20%
1. Responsible for overseeing and monitoring client
benefits to ensure that all clients receive and maintain
all benefits for which they are entitled.
2. Reviews and approves monthly consumer audits.
3. Responsible for establishing Trust Funds and the
requesting of monies from Trust Funds.
4. Recommends changes to control procedures, as needed,
to ensure that client funds are safeguarded.
5. Reviews and signs off on Therapeutic Fund Requests to
assess individual’s financial ability to qualify for
Leadership/Other Responsibilities 25%
1. Oversees processing of both agency and individual’s
pharmaceutical invoices. Maintains a relationship with
Omnicare and Zellmed.
2. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, supervising,
and development of assigned staff including Billing
Coordinators and Benefits Clerks.
3. Plan, monitor, and evaluate work assignments; oversee
both quality and quantity of work performed and provide
Please note: We require all employment history to be
filled out on application as well as a resume uploaded.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years experience
or 10 years managerial experience.
- Managerial experience in a billing/collections
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written
- Computer literate, including Excel, Word, and
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Must have vehicle liability insurance
Koinonia Homes - 10 months ago