This position will be responsible for managing the submission and reimbursement of claims billed under TransCare’s provider numbers, as well as taking responsibility for managing all billing department personnel.
Additional responsibilities are listed below.
1. Plan, direct, and maximize the full revenue cycle of the organization including billing, charges, denials, adjustments, and reimbursements.
2. Ensure appropriate revenue is collected and accurately posted from patients and insurance companies.
3. Develop and implement mechanisms and controls to ensure appropriate billing and payment cycles and accurate and timely billing, in accordance with established internal and third party payor requirements.
4. Establish, record, and implement appropriate billing policy procedures for all billing activities, including follow-up on third-party approvals and collection of overdue patient accounts.
5. Monitor cash posting, billing, and collection operations for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards.
6. Manage actions relating to delinquent accounts, collection agencies, special adjustments, and/or write-offs.
7. Prepare and/or maintain requested reports on billing and collection activities.
8. Regularly analyze operational volume to determine appropriate staffing requirements.
9. Maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge of healthcare billing laws, rules, regulations, and developments necessary for the organization to make informed business decisions.
10. Develop and deliver organized, concise, thorough communications to the Division Controller and executive leadership regarding proposed changes, developments, and opportunities affecting the organization and billing department.
11. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and payors.
2. Ability to function within a self-directed work environment, including the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
3. Encourage teamwork; motivate teams and individuals.
4. Maintain a cooperative work environment to foster TransCare’s missions and values and to meet goals.
5. Possess strong knowledge of ambulance service billing procedures, documentation, and standards.
6. Ability to make sound and evaluative judgments; strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
7. Strong knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures, appropriate billing and payment cycles for medical accounts, and operational characteristics and procedural requirements of third party medical insurance payors.
8. Proficient with MS Office and medical billing software applications.
9. Ensure procedural requirements are followed and appropriate follow-up of overdue accounts is maintained.
10. Manage credit and collections principles, processes, regulations, and standards.
Experience with ambulance service billing concepts, practices, and procedures.
Experience with Medicare Part B billing.
Proven record of managing people and building teams within a healthcare billing environment.
Familiarity with Rescuenet billing software preferred.
2+ years of supervisory experience.
Patriarch Partners' lofty goal is no less than "rebuilding America, one company at a time, one job at a time." The private...