The Billing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the firm’s billing department, including personnel management, workflow coordination, and department growth and development. The Billing Manager acts as the information and quality control manager for the department. The successful candidate is highly knowledgeable about legal accounting processes and has a broad understanding of Aderant or another legal billing system, and is able to utilize the system capabilities to implement billing solutions.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must have strong understanding of various software systems applicable to the law firm billing function
• Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both attorneys and staff
• Must possess strong supervisory skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Must demonstrate ability to analyze complex problems and recommend and/or implement solutions
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with Law Firm billing required
• Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple, competing priorities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall management of the firm’s billing function and personnel
• Manages all aspects of department staff, which includes hiring, training and development, supervision and performance management
• Establishes controls and ensures the quality and integrity of the client billing process
• Oversees the billing process and ensures successful monthly close cycle
• Works with attorneys and secretaries to design and develop invoicing to meet special needs
• Review and/or prepare daily, weekly or monthly reports as required
Education and/or Experience:
B.A. or B.S. degree with emphasis on accounting preferred; Experience in a law firm in the accounting department with a minimum of two years supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...