The Billing Operations Manager is responsible for the direction and leadership of the billing, coding, credentialing, refunds, collections and patient contact center delivery teams including primary responsibility for leadership development, operations performance and process quality. The Manager actively participates in problem resolution and works to solve communication issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Plan, develop, direct and evaluate activities pertaining to the daily functions of the delivery teams.
- Provide training, mentoring and feedback to delivery team leaders.
- Establish delivery team goals and objectives as well as production and quality standards for various functions.
- Proactively coordinate between billing operations delivery teams and other delivery teams to ensure billing and reimbursements are handled efficiently and issues are resolved timely.
- Generate key performance indicators and measure against industry benchmarks to ensure optimal performance.
- Compile reports on billing operation metrics to identify trends and billing issues. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with delivery team leaders to determine staffing needs, skill requirements and certification for all positions.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in billing operations’ efficiency and services performed.
- Ensure compliance of policies and procedures throughout billing operations.
- Evaluate the results of billing operations regularly and reports these results to the VP of Operations and COO.
- Foster positive client relations.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all ALN and client information.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Directly manage six or more subordinate billing managers who manage a team of 60 – 80 team members
- Conduct staff meetings with billing managers to discuss operational problems, explain procedural changes or practices or communicate team goals. Cultivate a proactive environment that promotes growth and fast/practical resolution.
- Provide leadership, direction and effective communication to subordinates. Creates knowledgeable, informed, and motivated staff through training and education.
- Mentor managers on the planning and assigning of work as well as training and development of their team members.
- Minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field
- Minimum of 6 years’ of managerial experience in a complex multispecialty medical practice setting with direct management responsibility over multiple teams.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT and/or HCPCS codes.
- Certified Billing, Coding and Collections experience
- Strong knowledge of insurance claims processing procedures and medical forms (including UB92 and HCFA 1500)
- Excellent Hands On Operational Analysis and PC skills
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills
- Computer savvy with MS Excel and MS Word in addition to excellent 10 key and mathematical skills
- Previous experience working with GE Centricity (CPS), eCW, Optum and/or NextGen billing systems preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of how to read, analyze and interpret financial information and legal documents.
- Thrives in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment.
- Actively supports change
- Inspires respect and trust
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience. Excellent benefit plan details will be provided to final candidates.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.TalenTrust.com .
Keywords: medical coding, credentialing, revenue cycle management, RCM, call center, business intelligence, management, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, UB92, HCFA 1500, GE Centricity, Optum, NextGen, eClinicalWorks
TalenTrust is a recruitment solutions firm that helps companies hire the right people to accelerate their growth. Unlike other firms,...