Verify requisitions transferred from LIS to SLAR
Scan requisitions and received faxes
QC lab registered requisitions (i.e., Name, DOB, Gender, Physician Name , Number)
Register patients demographics
Verify eligibility and register primary / secondary payers
Register ICD9 code(s)
Register and track complimentary requests
Complete insurance ID and responsible party info
Forward any discrepancies of patients information to Client Services
Create new payer(s) definition(s) in SLAR database
Perform account adjustments as necessary (i.e.) CEP, SPADJ & BDA
Register missing edits that are faxed back in timely manner
Ensure all requisitions are registered in a timely manner
Maintain scanner equipment to ensure top optimal performance
Review / Research keyed and un-keyed reports
Box and track all registered requisitions with Data-Safe
QC if all requisition(s) are scanned
Track all add-on(s) and test(s) cancellations
Merge duplicate accounts
Run query and execute Medical Necessity check(s)
Review inactive payers and ensure submission of correct claims address(es)
Update and distribute payer(s) listing to Billing and Finance departments
Distribute a missing edits report to Client Services dept. as necessary
- Minimum of one year of experience in medical billing, with knowledge of medical reimbursement, CPT, and ICD9 coding or certificate of medical billing and coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and billing practices.
- Excellent data entry, typing and organizational skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and previous experience with at least one Laboratory Information System.
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on a timely manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, displays strong knowledge of responsibilities, good team work, good written and oral communication skills, and computer literate.
- Good documentation skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent cross-functional team participation skills.
- Consistently displays a positive, patient attitude and extends respect and courtesy toward Supervisors and peers alike.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Results and goals oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to inculcate the Singulex Top-5 core values and serve as positive example to team members and others within the organization.
- Effective personal communication skills, shares knowledge with excellent training skills.
- Having integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate for both personal and corporate success.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as a member of a team.
- Commitment to quality.