Patient Population: Does not have contact with patients.
1. Verifies billing information for electronic claims transmission and hard copy billing.
2. Submits rebills.
3. Reviews and corrects claims edits and denials to ensure proper payment from services rendered.
4. Responsible for processing Medicare remittance advices for preparation for billing secondary claims.
5. Responsible for billing all secondary claims with the required documentation.
6. Responsible for working with the facilities on charge corrections and other claim edits.
7. Processes online billing interfaces and or interface edits; identifies and resolves problems as they arise.
8. Assists with special department projects.
9. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Experience: Must have some medical billing or insurance collections experience; prefer 1-2 years of experience. Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding. Medical terminology knowledge. Effective communications skills. Must have excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of computerized billing software. Experience with HCFA's or UB's.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
LifeCareJobBoard.com - 20 months ago