Responsible for the billing of client invoices in the format required by the client. Prints prebills and/or final bills for attorney’s review. Researches and answers billing questions for attorneys, secretaries and clients. Responsible for input, update and mailing of invoices on the accounting system. Maintain client’s alternate fee arrangements.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must possess the ability to clearly communicate in both written and oral form with professionals in the firm and with clients regarding billing issues
• Must possess outstanding customer/client service and interpersonal skills
• Must represent the department in a professional and positive manner
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with Law Firm billing required
• Previous Aderant/CMS experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple competing priorities
• Ability to produce high volume, computerized document edits in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Print, sort, and distribute end of month prebills to billing attorneys
• Edit prebills to make time and disbursement transfers, time splits, on account transfers and time and disbursement write downs.
• Print drafts and/or finals of computerized invoices and forward to attorneys for further edits.
• Maintain client billing addresses
• Update invoices to the accounting system at the end of the day for invoices mailed to clients
• Enter any exemption to billing necessary before the billing cutoff date
• Obtain several levels of approvals for write-offs and monthly exemption from billing
• Maintain client alternate rate agreements in computer system
• Provide attorneys and secretaries with requested billing statistics in excel format
• Follow up communication with attorney prior to deadline for billing
• Submit, process and track invoices as well as resolve billing issues via electronic and web based billing
• Monthly follow up meetings with billing manager to discuss Work in Progress
Education and/or Experience:
igh school graduate with some college preferred; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position. 2-3 years Law Firm Billing experience required.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click "apply online" at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 14 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...