Provide excellent customer service in a call center environment via the telephone, e-mail, and the Internet in response to inquiries from the agency force, the Business Units; Claims; and direct bill customers. Inquiries may be regarding, but are not limited to, the policy billing status, payments, setting up/removal of EFT; billing documents; processing of payments on behalf of the insured via the web; disbursements; the Payment Entry System, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Provide excellent customer service to all billing, payment, and disbursement functionalities for all states, all lines of business, including affiliates, via phone, e-mail, and the internet to Insured’s, Agents and Business Units. Service includes inquiries and training of billing applications/tools including PMS, UBS, Agentware applications: GAINWeb, Payment Entry System, as well as the Customer Care Center, Call Logger, etc. as well as the items referenced below: The customer service must be in compliance with the Billing “Service Standards”:
2. Responsible for entry and verification of electronic payment transactions on behalf of an insured for an active policy. Requires access to personal information such as the credit card/debit card numbers and checking account information.
- Cancellation for non payment of premium;
- Reinstatement requirements, amount required to reinstate keeping in mind that the guidelines vary by line of business as well, as state to state;
- Agent Payment Entry System;
- Billing documents;
- Possible misapplication of payments and coordinate/communicate the appropriate information to the respective area to process the correction as needed.
- Responsible for the approval of write offs or payment exceptions.
3. Responsible for entry and verification of electronic payments to initiate reinstatement of canceled policies based on the reinstatement guidelines by Business Unit/State or within the exception guidelines. Requires complete knowledge of the procedures and ability to communicate the said procedures. Access to critical information such as credit card numbers and check information.
4. Responsible for processing of insured’s requests to set the policy up on Grange Easy Pay (EFT) based on the various business rules.
5. Responsible for understanding and communicating the EFT procedures for setting up/removal of EFT transactions.
6. Responsible for understanding and training agents as needed regarding the billing applications on grangagent.com including but not limited to the Payment Entry System for payments, queries, payment corrects, and problem solving.
7. Provide web support to policy holders regarding the Customer Care Center to assist in registration, login and training of various functionalities, excluding claims.
8. Processing of policy mortgage changes to the respective policies.
9. Investigate stop payment requests on disbursement checks and reissues non-cashed disbursement checks.
10. Inter office communication with Business Unit regarding policyholder information, payment history, reinstatement questions, etc.
11. Communicate and correspond policyholder information requests with internal company departments in an effort to resolve policyholder issues.
High school diploma or equivalent with basic math and excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Working knowledge of PMS (basics), UBS, APES, Service Center and Document Server on grangeagent.com, as well as, the Bill Matrix Internet connections preferred. Experience with general P.C. applications preferred.