Job Duties Include: Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of Billing Specialists. Resolves more complex inquiries and/or complaints escalated by the Billing Specialists. Performs all duties of the Billing Specialist job. Acts as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members. May assist in training of new team members and may provide input to the employees’ performance evaluations. Acts as Subject Matter Expert and works autonomously to handle more complex issues related to the collections, within established procedures and practices. Submits timely, accurate invoices to payer for products and services provided.
Correctly determines quantities and prices for drugs billed. Verifies that the services and products are correctly authorized and that required documentation is on file prior to billing. Ensures that invoices are submitted for services and products that are properly ordered and confirmed as provided. Ensures that all required documentation for billing is completed and accurate prior to claim submission. Adheres to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of healthcare intake/admissions and/or reimbursement experience.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Previous Infusion Reimbursement or Intake/Admissions experience.
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...