Job Title : Billing Specialist
Reports to: Billing Supervisor
Prepare monthly invoices in accordance with the terms of the respective contracts; including preparation of a draft invoice for each Project Manager's review, approval, and preparation of all required supporting documentation. Provide excellend customer service to all internal and external customers at all times. This position is a temporary position with the potential of it becoming a regular full time position.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsibility assigned to a specific Billing Specialist.
- Prepare accurate and timely invoices for each job, including the collection of all required supporting documentation. Emphasis on detailed time and material billing.
- Prepare billing proofs (draft invoices) and distribute to PM's to ensure that monthly invoices are complete and accurate. Update billing proofs as directed by the PM's.
- Input contract and change order approvals received from the Legal Department and PM's into the business system.
- Maintain current contact information for customers in the business system.
- Prepare conditional releases and affidavits as needed/payment applications.
- Create new job files and purge closed job files as needed.
- Coordinate with PM's and A/R to make any necessary adjustments to invoices, such as back downs and retention adjustments.
- Prepare all supporting documentation (such as copying timecards, etc) for monthly invoices.
- Prepare online invoices for certain jobs*.
- Trouble-shoot and coordinate with PM's to resolve all billing discrepancies on a timely bases.
- Prepare monthly billing for Engineering*
- Provide notary services to the company*
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Construction billing
- 10 key by touch, attention to detail, ability to follow directions and good communication skills
- Data entry, MS Excel, MS Word
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. (CEI) is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has provided expert engineering and construction services for a constantly evolving world for more than 57 years. Its Energy Alternatives Division designs, constructs and manages innovative solar and alternative energy solutions. For more information, visit www.cei.com .
Cupertino Electric, Inc. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -