NueMD is seeking articulate training professionals able to teach, motivate, and mentor care providers, office managers, medical billers and other clinic staff for a contract position. Candidates will gain advanced expertise using a practice management system to resolve training-related issues.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
Reports to Billing Supervisor and Billing Operations Manager
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers questions from patients and billing clients.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices with a minimum of 2 years experience in a medical practice or billing company setting.
- Knowledge of medical software.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, coworkers and clients.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Nuesoft Technologies Inc. - 4 months ago