Precept's founder and CEO, Wade Olson, established Precept in 1987 as a brokerage firm dedicated to sourcing and delivering health and welfare benefits to employers.
Over the course of 26 years, Precept has listened to the needs of its clients and has responded by adding the services required to meet them. This evolution has resulted in a comprehensive benefits consulting and administration outsourcing firm, serving 250 corporate clients with benefits consulting, procurement, administration outsourcing, health management, retirement and online enrollment services.
The result of Precept's growth is an organization that is bringing Fortune 100 strategies to middle market companies to control costs, reduce administrative burden, and improve employee attraction and retention.
When you join Precept, you'll not only work with a team of dedicated and highly talented individuals, you'll become a member of a fast-growing company. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment and are serious about our commitment to every staff member. We employ high-quality and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage and challenge each other every day. It is through this standard that we are able to recruit and retain the best and the brightest people in our industry. We commend our employees for our continued success.
The responsibility of a Billing Specialist is to prepare accurate monthly billing invoices by utilizing various systems, working collectively with internal departments and vendors, and providing a consolidated package to the Benefits Outsourcing Department for client delivery.
- Manage internal department and vendor inquiries related to the setup and ongoing servicing of the clients' monthly premium billing information
- Ensure that various monthly billing deadlines/deliverables are met in a timely manner and meet internal and client delivery standards of quality
- Report status and metrics for internal use
- Review monthly adjustments and variance reports generated by system to ensure accuracy and reconcile when necessary
- Ensure all internal/external inquiries are responded to and resolved accurately and timely
- Prepare/revise Billing Playbook with accurate/up-to-date rates & metrics for new and existing clients
- Effectively partner with internal parties and carrier/vendor representatives to swiftly resolve outstanding rate/billing issues
- Assist with carrier discrepancy reports
- Utilize internal tracking system to resolve
- Internal and External Audits, Weekly, Quarterly, and Year-End and W2 audit
- Ensure and maintain data integrity within enrollment systems and client payroll
- Scheduled and ad hoc reports for Management, Finance and Brokerage Service, requiring advanced knowledge of excel
- Develop and update documentation and training materials related to the billing, tracking and reconciliation process as well as identify opportunities to maximize user efficiencies
Experience and Education
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional problem resolution, attention to detail, project management, follow-though, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt to change, take initiative, manage time effectively and effectively cope with stressful situations
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years experience working in an accounting, benefits, or billing environment (i.e., carrier, employer HR, consulting, brokerage)
- Knowledge of all employment benefits and eligibility processing, both company paid and voluntary benefits
- Demonstrated ability to handle documents with confidentiality and security
- Thrives within a metrics-driven, transactional type environment
- Comfortable with learning new computer software and internet-based applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding health and welfare benefits
- Excels as part of a cooperative, dynamic team, always displaying a positive attitude and a desire to "solve for yes" and provide win-win solutions