*Must have Orthopedic Surgery billing experience!*
The Billing Specialist will be working with Insurance companies and patients to ensure correct medical billing and collection for an orthopedic surgeon in our ASC location.
1. Confirms patient insurance eligibility and/or benefits.
2. Insurance and Patient payment posting.
3. Generate patient statements.
4. Answer phone calls.
5. Provides customer service to patients inquiring about their patient statements.
6. Set up and maintain budget plans.
7. Determines required deposits, and follows up to make sure payments were made in accordance to Center's policy.
8. Discuss medical claims with insurance companies
9. Makes appropriate adjustments to patient accounts in accordance with Center's policies.
1. Prompt response to e-mail and telephone calls.
2. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent communication.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Manual Payment Posting: Input data from insurance remittance advice and patient payment batches into practice management system.
6. Assists Billing Manager as required or assigned.
7. Performs other necessary duties as required by the health center to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
1. College degree
2. 3-5 years experience in this medical billing
3. Strong analytic, oral, written communication skills.
4. Enthusiastic and demonstrated leadership skills.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point.
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Schedule flexibility.
8. Analytic and problem-solving skills.
9. Strong ability to multitask.
10. Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
11. Dependability regarding completion of assignments and attendance.
12 Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
13. Familiarity with health insurance and other third party billing practices and guidelines a plus.
Must pass background and drug test.
Compensation based on experience. Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, 401k, 7 holidays, PTO.