Job Title: Billing Manager
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Position Summary: This hands-on role currently supervises 10 billing and collections specialists, a file clerk, and the collections supervisor and will report to the Corporate Controller. Responsible for managing the entire billing cycle, including collections and cash applications. Ensures that customer invoices are prepared timely and accurately in support of the Company’s cash flow objectives. Manages the credit granting process, including the application of credit policy, credit reviews of existing customers, and assessment of creditworthiness of potential customers. Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the billing function and is responsible for preparing billing and collections reports for use by senior management and others. Designs operational procedures and processes that strengthen internal controls while improving operational efficiency. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient and accurate operation of the billing and collections functions. Additional responsibilities also include:
- Building and maintaining constructive business relationships with internal and external partners, including project managers, other departments and customers.
- Leads efforts to improve efficiencies associated with the billing and collections functions in coordination with the appropriate parties including Legal, AP, Purchasing, and Project Managers.
- Ensures the resolution of internal and external inquiries regarding customer billings.
- Coordinates and ensures timely follow-up and resolution of billing and collection issues
- Ensures timely and accurate management of lien releases; including unconditional, final, and vendor liens.
- Ongoing evaluation of customer accounts and where required, will work closely with the Legal department to determine subsequent actions.
- Works in conjunction with the QMS management representative and the Legal department to ensure that all documents are destroyed or archived in accordance with the company’s document retention policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent accounting experience is required.
Strong organization, supervisory experience and construction billing experience required. Experience with cost plus contracts desired. Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
Detail oriented with proven analytical skills.
Ability to present, communicate initiatives, results and analyses to multiple levels of management.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. - 6 months ago