HUGHES TELEMATICS, INC.
Information is the fuel that drives our business. When plentiful, information enables sound business decisions. When well-analyzed, it has the power to effect change. When shared with others, it sparks improvement. At HUGHES Telematics, we are pioneering patented technologies and innovative services designed to harness the power of the vehicle information network – real-time, anytime. From reducing the cost of vehicle manufacturing, service and ownership to supercharging fleet productivity, safety and convenience, we are setting new standards in the vehicle Telematics industry. What could be achieved with the right information? Imagine the possibilities we have.
We are delivering the next generation of vehicle information-based technologies and services – today. Our patented systems allow complete connectivity to any make or model vehicle, but that is just the beginning. What really differentiates us from other companies is our broad portfolio of services. Each designed to significantly improve vehicle and customer relationship management potential while greatly reducing costs. Whether in the business of automotive manufacturing, dealer operations, fleet management or affiliated services such as insurance or car rental, we can help map out the fastest road to greater efficiency and revenue. We will also demonstrate solutions never thought practical. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Position Summary Description:
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity, timeliness and accuracy of Billing and its related processes, controls, reconciliation’s, analyses and reports. This position is responsible for supervising all of the activities of the Billing Team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and administer schedules and performance metrics and requirements. Develop and implement strategies for improving performance in all key metrics, and keep management informed of trends and progress. Identify and implement tools necessary for ongoing measurements
- Responsible for billing integrity to ensure accuracy of billing amounts to customers. Requires designing/developing audit reports that identify possible issues and tracking of trends. Partner with other departments to identify root cause of issues, and implement solutions as provided and agreed upon
- Develop methods and procedures for all billing activities and review documentation of all processes, ensuring it is complete and acceptable in accordance with company standards
- Analyze success rate and general billing performance and make recommendations for process and systems improvements/optimizations
- Work with other departments to ensure that proper integration and system testing within the billing system is performed; Regularly and proactively communicate with other departments about products and issues associated with outstanding projects. Make recommendations for change to ensure billing efficiency and accuracy
- Analysis of all billing data with the team to ensure customers are billed accurately and timely on a daily basis
- Provide End User Acceptance testing on all new programs and program enhancements related to billing.
- Problem recognition and resolution skills
- Supervisory experience
- Must have highly developed analytical abilities, able to analyze situations, present/defend conclusions and recommend action plans
- Must have a willingness to delve into a problem and understand the root cause
- Must be capable of making sound business decisions
- Must have knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and processes
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Exemplary communication skills, leadership ability and tremendous work ethic
- Effective time management skills
- 5+ years related work experience in Billing, A/R and collections
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheet development, including the ability to create formulas & schedules
- Experience with accounting and billing software
- Experience with Oracle BRM and CRM
- Prior experience working with chargebacks a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or extensive training and experience in related fields
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Hughes Telematics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to Search Results
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...