Western & Southern has an immediate opening for a Bindery Technician.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Participates in the final assembly of printed material to produce a quality product that meets our customers’ demands and time frame. Performs graphic arts finishing and binding operations on printed materials produced in the printing and copying areas. Makes necessary adjustments and minor repairs to bindery equipment. Works with some supervision and makes a minimal range of decisions, escalates to Assistant Manager when appropriate and updates Assistant Manager on a regular basis.
• Performs graphic arts finishing procedures on printed material to produce quality final product that meets customer’s specifications and desired results.
• Sets up and operates all bindery equipment which includes folder, collator, drill, shrink wrapper, paper cutter and binding equipment according to specifications.
• Reviews specifications for all jobs in the bindery area before going into final production, including cutting of raw paper for presses and copiers.
• Examines work and makes adjustments to bindery equipment to maintain job specifications throughout the job.
• Performs daily and monthly maintenance on all bindery equipment including minor repairs to assure equipment is in good operating condition.
• Operates electric forklift to transport paper stock throughout Print Shop and raw paper from the holding area to the Print Shop.
• Manually loads and unloads paper stock.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail; must cite examples.
• Demonstrated experience working and communicating cooperatively and effectively within a team environment.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills with ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner and interpret instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
• Demonstrated mathematic abilities to perform standard graphic arts production procedures such as multiplying, dividing and reading a ruler, which involves decimals and fractions.
• High school diploma/GED.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Working knowledge of word processing applications.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• Forklift license within 6 months of hire.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
• Work week comprised of five 8-hour workdays.
N - Not applicable, activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O - Occasionally, occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day).
F - Frequently, occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day).
C - Constantly, occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day).
• Stand C
• Walk C
• Sit O
• Handling/Fingering F
• Reach Outward F
• Reach Above Shoulder O
• Climb O
• Crawl N
• Squat or Kneel O
• Bend F
• 12 lbs or less F
• 13-25 lbs F
• 26-40 lbs O
• 41-100 lbs O
• Over 100 lbs O
• 10 lbs or less C
• 11-20 lbs F
• 21-50 lbs O
• 51-100 lbs N
• Over 100 lbs N
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 30+ days ago