Repairs and maintains patient care equipment devices, instruments, systems and related technologies to ensure their safe and effective performance. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance according to hospital policies, procedures and recognized industry and regulatory standards. Maintains documentation of all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance performed on a wide range of equipment types. Participates in and assists with the development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives. Maximizes patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of patient care equipment.
1. Assists in providing a systematic preventive maintenance program for medical electronic equipment and related systems.
2. Diagnoses and corrects system or equipment malfunctions by making repairs or by contacting appropriate service vendors.
3. Provides technical assistance and instruction to hospital staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
4. Maintains documentation of all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance actions. Assists in maintaining records and preparing reports as required.
5. Assists in providing recommendations regarding the purchase of medical electronic equipment and system compatibility.
6. Constructs or improves special test setups used to test and evaluate medical equipment.
7. Performs all aspects of equipment maintenance to help facilitate an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrates appropriate use of the hospital resources to help meet the financial and strategic goals of the department and the hospital.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of general and specialized test equipment used in the testing and evaluation of medical equipment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Biomedical certification
- Two years experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 8 months ago - save job
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a nonprofit, county hospital located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Established in 1867, CRMC is one of the...