Works with managers, supervisors, staff, and the corporate IT department to evaluate, recommend, and implement automated Information Technology (IT) solutions to meet various operational opportunities/challenges. Serves in a primary or adjunct role in software development, implementation, maintenance, and administration.
Reports to a Supervisor or Manager
1. Performs database and/or report programming within the limitations of ARUP Policies.
2. Coordinates development activities with the corporate IT department to ensure compliance with ARUP and IT technical standards, specifications, and infrastructure.
3. Develops and documents thorough validations that verify accuracy, reliability, and integrity, including required approvals.
4. Provides training to laboratory staff on the use of IT Analyst developed products.
5. Assists with corporate mandated IT related projects and initiatives as assigned. This may include duties such as system/software support, installation, transition, migration, modification, testing, and validation.
6. Coordinates project implementation across multiple internal and external departments.
7. Provides limited computer/hardware troubleshooting and technical support as required.
8. Assures complete resolution for in-depth issues beyond the scope of this position by coordinating through the appropriate department or channel.
9. Works actively toward improving technical proficiency through continuing professional development.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related major
- Four years of relevant experience
- Secondary degree or coursework in a laboratory science or related major
- Two years classroom or on-the-job experience with basic computer programs, hardware, database, and report creation and management
Physical and other requirements
- Two years computer application related experience, training, testing, troubleshooting, and communications
- One year in a Clinical Laboratory or related experience
- One year experience with Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting, or related report development
- Demonstrates applied analytical problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work all required overtime and take call as needed
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Fine motor coordination
- Good visual acuity
- Involves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
- Must maintain confidentiality according to ARUP policies
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful condition
- Continual assessment of current literature
ARUP Laboratories - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...