The purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated with the biodiesel and glycerin processes. Operators in this position are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the biodiesel plant and the glycerin refinery. They will ensure that the equipment is fully operational and in good repair. Interacts on a regular basis with biodiesel plant operators, supervisors, crush plant operators, chemical truck drivers and finished product haulers.
- Operate all equipment associated with the biodiesel process: including reactors, distillation, separators, waste water, plant updates, process improvements, and drying systems.
- Safely manage loading and unloading of finished products and chemicals.
- Monitor and adjust operation using computerized and controlled systems to meet department requirements.
- Process samples utilizing lab equipment to obtain and record values on a computer spreadsheet and collect samples for several process areas.
- Work outdoors.
- Perform light maintenance.
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision.
- Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow Biodiesel safety rules.
- Troubleshoot minor problems as required.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Complete all Housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department, and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other biodiesel and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the production supervisor.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be willing and able to work rotating 12 hr shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies.
Must be willing to be on call.
Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must have very good time management skills.
Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills.
Must be willing to accept accountability.
Must be able to learn computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Maximo.
Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.) Equipment Used Operators in this position will use multiple hand tools, chemicals, and industrial vehicles to assist with job duties.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.