Diagnostics company based in San Diego is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist.
Seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to join our team of data analysts to acquire, analyze, and visualize large and high-dimensional datasets, primarily from mass spectrometry-based sources, to identify and validate biomarkers. This is a terrific opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with a promising young company.
The bioinformatics scientist will operate within the existing informatics group and, additionally, will work closely with the company's laboratory scientists. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in programming, data analysis and
visualization, and statistics. Analysis experience with large datasets, numerical programming, and application of machine learning methods is strongly desired. Additionally, domain experience with mass spectrometry-based data is a strong plus.
• Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or a related discipline
• At least 2 years experience as an analyst in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or related post-doctoral experience
• Extensive programming/scripting experience with an established scripting language such as Python, Perl, or R
• Analysis experience with mass spectrometry-based data
• Experience with machine learning methods, particularly classification
• Analysis experience with large datasets
Email Resume in MS WORD format
Job Juncture - 30+ days ago