Bioinformatics Scientist, DNA Synthesis
- This is a stellar opportunity responsible for developing advanced Bioinformatics analysis systems within an exciting new San
Diego Based Molecular Biology Biotechnology Company with an innovative DNA synthesis platform. Your responsibilities will include:
* Designing and developing Bioinformatics analysis systems using Object Oriented programming languages including Java, C/C++, Python, R and Perl on a Linux platform.
* Writing algorithms for predictive analytics.
* Adding and modifying front end and back end components of DNA sequencing manipulation modules used within a proprietary DNA synthesis platform.
* Performing data analysis on sequenced data to analyze and understand factors determining DNA synthesis.
* Formulating complex queries in MySQL databases.
* Developing and implementing computational biology tools including Trace, BLAST and Vector NTI.
* Working directly with software engineers programming in Java, Python or Visual Basic to design advanced tools and outputs.
Preferred Candidate Background and Expertise:
* BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related Engineering or Scientific field.
* Experience using Object Oriented programming languages including Java, C/C++, Python, R and Perl on a Linux platform.
* Expertise writing algorithms for predictive analytics.
Biotechnology industry industry
experience performing Molecular Engineering, Molecular Biology, Antibody Engineering, or
Protein Engineering research.
* Understanding of the development and implementation of advanced molecular biology technologies including DNA sequencing, site directed mutagenesis, gene synthesis, the development of constructs, high-throughput genomic pipelines and
Laguna Source - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Laguna Source is a national search firm specializing in full time permanent placement. Our areas of expertise include biopharmaceutical,...